Pomegranate Seed Oil
Pomegranate Seed Oil is also known as Punica Granatum – which means apple with seeds – is one of the oldest edible fruits and has a long history of therapeutic uses.
Pomegranate is a fruit native to Asia and the Middle East. It has been cultivated and used by humans for hundreds of centuries, with documented use dating back to the Babylonian era several thousand years ago. It has a long and treasured history as both a favorite food and a traditional healing substance, some of its time honoured healing benefits include protecting the body against disease, boosting the immune system and reducing hot flushes and night sweats. These benefits are attributed to the rich seed oil found within the plant and are currently being confirmed by scientists.
Pomegranate seed oil contains a range of different fatty acids, including conjugated linolenic acid and oleic acid these help in the protection of skin cell membranes and maintenance of the skins barrier function. Pomegranate seed oil also contains phyto-nutrients including Vitamins B1, B2 and C, potassium and magnesium all of which are essential for healthy skin.
Pomegranate seed oil also contains a unique polyunsaturated oil called “punicic acid”, an omega 5 fatty acid, which has strong anti-inflammatory properties. Suitable for all skin types, including oily and acne prone skin, the oil absorbs deeply into the skin to hydrate and nourish without leaving any greasy residue behind.
- May help to control acne breakouts, reduce scarring and soothe minor irritations.
- Provides soothing and hydrating relief to people suffering from eczema and psoriasis.
- Calms irritation and redness, restoring the skin and helping to heal wounds.
- Stimulates “keratinocytes”, major cells found in the outer layer of the skin, helping to reverse skin damage, revive skin and reveal a more youthful appearance.
- Fights against free radical damage.
- Channels nutrients directly into the skin, accelerating the process of cellular regeneration and rejuvenation.
Pomegranates contain three times the antioxidant power of green tea (and red wine!)
This oil is not just acclaimed for its benefits for skin and health, but also for its ability to rejuvenate the health of the hair. It has some amazing hair benefits and is suitable for all hair types:
- Revitalises dull and dry hair, protecting it against environmental pollution.
- Stimulates blood circulation in the scalp, strengthens blood vessels and aids hair growth.
- Helps soothe redness, itchiness and inflammation caused by eczema and psoriasis.
- Nourishes the hair.
- Is rich in Vitamin C which strengthens the connective tissue within hair follicles, stimulating hair growth.
- Balances the pH level of the scalp helping to reduce excessive oil production.
all natural me pomegranate seed oil 2
all natural me pomegranate seed oil 1
Pomegranate Seed Oil:
Rich in antioxidants and polyphenols to help protect against free-radical damage.
Supports cell regeneration. Pomegranate oil regenerates and repairs skin, effectively reducing and preventing wrinkles.
Hydrates, nourishes and softens the skin.
Vitamin C content can help to even skin tone.